Starting a catering business from home offers the convenience of being able to prepare and cook the food in your own home kitchen, and being able to utilize all the supplies that you have. Aside from that, nothing is more convenient than having your own home as your office too.
Here are some of the things that you have to remember when starting a home catering business:
1. Food products – You have to find out what type of food you would like to make. Decide a food or product that will sell to your customers; think of food creations that you will enjoy making many times when orders come in. You can also look for the best catering business strategies via online sources.
Image Source: Google
2. Kitchen and Working Space- Build some space for your catering business; use the space that you do not use in your home to handle the marketing and admin side of the business. Maybe create a cooking area division within your kitchen so you can keep things separate.
3. Other Food Supplies- List and purchase all the cooking and catering supplies you will need to make your specialty food items. You will need a cooking table and baking area, and also some decorative item for garnish and themes.
4. Get Bigger Savings – Select a location to buy your mass cooking ingredients from; you will have to buy items in bulk to save money. Order from these suppliers every two weeks to a month, depending on the business and order flow.
5. Marketing plans and gimmicks- You need to apply marketing strategies to get the word out about your catering business. Present your services in your building and community. Make a website showing your food designs and make business cards and put your catering listing in the local yellow pages.